Friday, August 14, 2009

Ten more things, I think that I think

1. I think I could be a wedding crasher. Last weekend was Jeremy and Bri's wedding and it was a blast. There aren't to many weddings that I have been to that haven't been fun. I have been meaning to blog about it and put up pictures, but I haven't had time. For you facebook people, Stacey put photos up there. For you nonfacebook people you can go look at wedding pictures at http://www.scottprestonphotography.com/ and click on view session type the password bilotta_wedding all in lowercase. For some reason there are more pictures of Jeremy and Bri then us, oh well.

2. Speaking of facebook, Dave was recently telling me there was a study done about couples that were both on facebook. The study determined that couples that were friends on facebook were more likely to split up because after talking to one another all day on facebook, they had nothing to talk about when they came home. Just another reason not to join.

3. Half empty or Half full. I never knew how to answer this question before. Sometimes I was positive and other times I was negative. I know now. I'm a half full guy (especially if it is half full of Yuengling). Seriously, I don't like negative people, don't bring me down when I trying to stay positive. Try to see the good in everything you might just like it. It might make your life a little less stressful, too.

4. I think Ben is pretty lame. How sad is it that he had to have Kareen steal his mug back. I think he may have broken the rules of the game, but that's okay cheaters never win. (If you don't know what I'm talking about shame on you for not reading our blog more, I talked about this in another posting)

5. Raising kids is hard. I don't want to hear anyone without children telling me it's not. Well, we have dogs, we have lots of friends with kids, or we have lots of nieces and nephews it's not that hard. I say this because this is what I thought. I sound old and a little like my Dad, but you will never understand what it is like until you have your own. When you do, then we can talk.

6. On the flip side, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Sometimes, I joke around and say, "We chose kids over having fun", I probably shouldn't say that because it doesn't sound good and it is not the truth. I love being a husband and a Dad, it is the best job in the world. For example, after the wedding rehearsal, Drea asked me, "Daddy, who is going to marry me?" I told her someone very lucky. Her response, "Daddy, will you marry me?" No doubt about it, that is priceless.

7. I think I want to start reading again at bedtime. I stopped when Charlotte was born because of our new sleeping pattern, but Charlotte has starting sleeping though the night so I'm not as tired, which helps the whole going to bed process.

8. I think someone is going to jump out of the port of john down the street from my house every night when I walk the dogs. I' m convinced someone is going to scare the begeezy out of me.

9. I think people that are selfish have a hard time raising children. If you don't put the child's needs before yours you may end up with some trouble. For example, you shouldn't take your five year old to see a PG-13 movie, there is a reason for ratings. And just because the Family Guy is a cartoon it doesn't mean it is good for your kid to watch.

10. I like my jobs (teaching during the year and working at Monkids in the summer) for a variety of reasons, but one of them is the fact that it ends. Of course, sometimes I don't want it to end and I would like to keep the same kids for another year or more. Anyway, there is something about ending and starting over that I really love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of Drea wondering who was going to marry her. Just to let you know, now that I spent a little time with Karen after the trip, Lydia thinks Richard is HER man now & NOT Karen! What a hoot! Love, Noni