Sunday, August 23, 2009

A week with Daddy

This past week I was in between jobs (Monkids, my summer job, and teaching) and I had the whole week off to spend time with my girls. I loved every minute of it. I only wish I would have taken pictures to share with everyone. The following is the run down of my week.


  • Monday - We (Drea, Charlotte, and I) let Mommy hang out with us. We delivered Pampered Chef to a few people, went to look for Green Hills Country Club, ate ice cream at the new ice cream place, which really wasn't a new place just a place Drea has never had ice cream from, and went to the park. We had a great day, at 5:30 Daddy went back to Green Hills to play golf....I should have stayed home...I stink at golf, but it was still fun.

  • Tuesday - Stacey had to go to work and I had big plans. I wanted to go to the park again, and then come home and go swimming, we made it to the park for an hour, then it rained. This turned out to be a good thing....it made me realize that I didn't have to do everything in one day and it made for a better week.

  • Wednesday - We were able to swim in the morning which was lots of fun....Charlotte was amazed at everything that was going on outside, she is really noticing everything. We met Stacey for lunch and then went to the DMV, I promised Drea we would go to the pet store if she was good while at the DMV....she was great and we loved the animals, except the snakes, lizards, and big birds. (*And by eating lunch with me, he means...I came home from work to pick up the family to take them to get our car that was getting a tune -up so Andy would have a car to go to the DMV. Then while Andy and Drea went in to Subway to order, I sat in the car and fed Charlotte then took her in to Subway to trade her for my sub which I then took back to work to eat at my desk. And I was still late clocking back in! Sorry, Andy, I don't think anyone technically had lunch with me that day.) - Stacey

  • Thursday - Our big event on Thursday was a trip to Walmart. For most adults this isn't usually that fun, but for Drea this is a big deal. We even looked at the fish and the toys. We also went to Kerri's Korner which is a local bookstore, it is also the teacher store and I needed to get some teacher items....Drea said she needed pencils and erasers for school. We ended our evening with dinner with my cousin, Kristi and her family, she is back at WVU and it was great to see her and her family, again.

  • Friday - Stacey was off again, which was nice. We were able to have some more family time before school started up. Everyone, except Charlotte got a haircut, then we delivered some more Pampered Chef. We met Stacey's coworkers for lunch and of course ate more ice cream. We ended our day with dinner with our friends, Jordan, Sarah, and their little man, Isak.

  • Saturday - The family was busy again, and we went to the chicken wing cook off in Morgantown. We met Emily and Joel, and Aunt Kareen. Uncle Ben was home studying, drinking out of his coffee mug and being anti-social. (I kid because I care) We followed that up by going to the Party in the Park an event our church was throwing. There was a great turn out, probably about 300 people and at least half were from the local community it was a very successful event. As a side note, I ate so many wings at the cook off, that I didn't eat anything at the Party in the Park and they were giving out free food.

  • Sunday - This was definitely a day to rest for everyone at the Niessner household. We went to church in the morning and stayed home the rest of the day. It was a nice way the end the week.
The week was filled with lots of activities, but more then anything I enjoyed spending time with the girls. They are growing fast and I loved being able to just be Dad this week. I feel like we are finally at a place where two seems normal and I don't know what life would be without them. I'm looking forward to some more time off and looking forward to holidays and snowdays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great daddy because there are alot that would only have done what they wanted ,You are both a very good Mommy and Daddy Love you guys Nunnie XOXOXO for the girls...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice couple of days that I spent with all of you. I truly enjoyed myself. It always seems too short of a time spent with family. (Even though now I am exhausted) The girls are sooo cute & you both are great parents. I am thankful that you have the blog so that I can see what all of you are doing, esp. Charlotte who is changing at such a rapid pace at this stage of her life. Love, Noni
P. S. you can see I figured out how to write back to you.

Anonymous said...

Boy, Andy Stacey is so pickie about lunch huh!!!! Just teasing Stacey Love you guys Mom