Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sundays and Mommys

Sundays
What is it about Sundays?

Why is it every Sunday around 2 or 3 o'clock after church and after lunch my eyes are so heavy I have to fight to keep them open. This isn't a horrible thing if both of the girls are napping. And it isn't just me. Andy is like this every week, too. Anyone else?

I love my Sunday nap! But just wondering if anyone knew - what is it about Sundays?

Mommys (or Mommies?)
Every mom has things their children remember about them after their grown up. I always remember my mom's awesome cooking.

Things I hope Drea and Charlotte remember about me:
  • Pancakes - I love making Drea pancakes for breakfast. Not everyday, of course, but sometimes I make little mini pancakes for her (works great with the smallest Pampered Chef scoop) and sometimes, not every time, I will get out my easy accent decorater and make the letters of her name or hearts or mickey mouse ears.

  • Car dancing - Drea and I love to turn up our music pretty loud and dance in the car. I promise I'm safe when we do this. :) She thinks it's super fun and I'm sure Charlotte will be joining in soon.

  • Tonight Drea asked me to make her Jello. I thought it sounded like a good idea. Good snack. I hope she remembers that I usually do these things when she asks. When she asks me to bake her cookies - we usually do it. (She doesn't ask this all the time or I would probably feel differently about it.) I always think these are great opportunities to spend time with her or create memories.

  • Pretend box - I hope she remembers that I try to do creative things with her so she can use her creativity (and her energy - because she has a lot of it some days.) I made a box for her and helped her decorate it that has a bunch of pieces of paper in it with places and people and things on them. I have her draw a couple papers out of the box and then we act them out. She loves this! I actually don't play it with her enough. This is going to be so much fun when her and Charlotte can act things out together.

Anyway, there are a lot of other things I hope she remembers about me but those are just a few things I have been thinking lately.

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

stac--
love the pretend box idea. sundays we love our naps too! especially ben;)
and its great to see you thinking about the ways you want to be remembered by your children becuase this will undoubtedly effect the way you love and live today. youre a good momma and very loved by your family!

Anonymous said...

Sunday is suppose to be calm day and relaxing because you don't have to work it's wonderful that you take a nap.. Drea told me at bob evans tues. that you make her little pancakes because that' what she ordered .Drea thinks it's funny when Nunnie dances with charlotte to fresh beat band You and Andy are the best parents.. Love you Nunnie