Monday, April 19, 2010

I finally did it!

Joined the facebook that is or should I say the fb. Anyway, don't judge me for joining or waiting for so long to join. The bottom line is my beautiful wife asked me to join. She thought it might be another way for us to communicate in our busy lives. I know what your saying or thinking. If you get off the computer and talk to each other that might help. That is true, but with our busy schedules sometimes we don't get a chance to sit down and talk until 9 o'clock or later. So, if it is a night like that where we are running around maybe one of us will be able to check on the other. However, I have thought of some unwritten rules for joining as well.

1. If you are one of my students don't try to be my friend on the fb. (As a rule in class I actually tell them that I'm not their friend, but we can be friendly).
2. If you are one of my students' parents, I will not be your friend either. (there are some exceptions to this rule for example if I knew you before your child was/is my student).
3. Blogging comes first.
4. I will not get sucked into any of those crazy facebook games.
5. If I break any of those rules, I must deactivate my account.

I may come up with some other rules as I go, but for now that is the list. The other reason for joining facebook is this: When your spouse asks you to do something, whether it is joining facebook, helping out around the house, cooking, or whatever, it is a whole lot better to listen to what they are saying. In this case, Stacey was asking me to care about something she cared about and thought it might be fun for us. I needed to put my selfish reasons aside for joining and be considerate to what Stacey wanted. So maybe I'll see you on facebook.

2 comments:

MI REVISTA said...

Beautiful family

Dave said...

1. If you write them down in a blog, are they really unwritten rules?

2. Good husbanding

3. I'm glad you joined!