Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thanks Gwen!


I'm a little slow on our Easter blog posts but there were so many exciting things we did around Easter that I wanted to be sure to include them.

My friend Gwen had a wonderful little Easter egg hunt and party for some of our friends and our children before Easter. It was an absolutely beautiful day with weather in the 80s which made a great egg hunt day aside from the melted chocolate in all of the eggs. But everyone knows chocolate tastes just as good melted and it doesn't take long to set back up for enjoyment later. Uuuummm, chocolate....good.

I think the party was more for us moms than for the kids because Gwen made this awesome spread for lunch and that means we all enjoyed the afternoon out in the sun watching our kids play and eat food that we didn't have to make. So thanks Gwen for all of your hard work and the wonderful food and hospitality that went into making a great egg hunt party. The picture above is all of us enjoying our lunch outside, except the picture was taken before Beth and baby Lily arrived. We were so glad to spend some time with the new mom and baby. What a fun day!






This picture makes me laugh. Not sure if Drea is swinging or doing a dance with the swing. I will bet on the latter. And Isak must be just chilling out watching her or he had just fallen down. Who knows?


Reese, Emma and Drea - who finally retreated inside to
enjoy dessert after roasting a little too long in the warm sun.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Aw . . . Stacy! You are too sweet! I am just glad we had such a great turn-out---I enjoyed visiting with everyone and watching our kids get to know one another. I feel blessed to have you all in my life! Thanks for coming!