Saturday, February 5, 2011

Charlotte's language

Everyone who has a child under two knows you have to speak their language to understand them. This is a feat in itself sometimes. We think Charlotte speaks French. Ha ha! We really have trouble understanding her. We are finally beginning to speak Charlotte's language. Here are some of her words and the real words (not many though because most of the other things she says are so foreign we have no clue):


den-dent: blanket
bubbie pood: puppy food
shuuz: shoes
gockies: socks
jackies: jacket
helpoo: Can I help you? Or sometimes this means "Can you help me?"
poon: spoon
bobble: bottle
bayee: belly
melmo: Elmo
i wobu: I love you.
hap-a-dirde-to-you: happy birthday to you. (She sings it all the time!)


Words she says perfectly clear:
*Yo Gabba Gabba (Hilarious, I know! I didn't even know she had watched the show before when she started demanding it one day.)
*Cheese
*TV
*Nose
*Eyes
*Poppy Jo (little girl at her daycare)
*Pizza
*Pasta (she says both of these brilliantly! Like she's pure italian and doing some hand motion at the end of it! PastAAAAA!)

Here are some cute pictures of our littliest munchkin! She's pure funny lately! Well, mixed with a lot of rotten.


Daddy caught her "reading" to herself. Loved it!

Drea and Charlotte catching a morning show.

Snow Tub with Drea.

Trying to wake Drea up one morning.

She thought feeding her apples would do the trick.

I was trying to capture her new found curls. Look at the long one over her ear. They are usually only there after bath time.

Helping me wash grapes.

Electronic overload!

PS - Right after I posted this post, Charlotte seems to be throwing out all of these full sentences and they are super clear. I put her on her changing table the other day and started changing her diaper and she said, "Don't touch me." I swear it was in a sweet little baby voice and not the little scary voice you probably hear in your head when you read this. : ) Another day Andy was tickling her and she said, "Don't tickle me, Daddy." This was in her best serious voice like she did not want any part of that nonsense for the evening.  Love it!

2 comments:

Gwenc5543 said...

Love the last photo best of all. I love Charlotte's spirit!

Anonymous said...

I think Charlotte is funny. Drea and Charlotte are funny. I like the pictures. Thank you for sharing your pictures. That is very, very, very nice. I love you.
Love,
Lydia
I typed just what she told me too.