Sunday, February 20, 2011

Drea stories

The girls and I do a variety of silly things together and one of their favorite things is to pretend to go to the doctor.  Well, a doctors visit consist of a few different things.  First, I check their ears for potatoes.  Next, their nose for boogers and their teeth to see if they are shiny.  Then, "follow my finger with your eyes."  I check their reflexes by tapping their knees.  The "appointment" always ends with me telling them to raise their arms and I tickle them.  Charlotte has yet to figure this out or...she just enjoys the tickling.  Drea on the other hand always says, "No, Daddy you are going to tickle me!"  I always respond by, saying, "I promise I will not tickle you this time."  We go back and forth for awhile and then, of course, she gives in and then I tickle her.  The other night Drea suggested that she be the doctor.  When she got to the end, she, of course said, "Daddy, raise your arms, I promise I won't tickle you."  I told her, "Drea, I don't believe you."  We went back and forth about it until I finally raised my arms.  Drea didn't lie.  She didn't tickle me.....she punched me.

Drea has molluscum contagiosum, it looks like little water blisters on her skin.  (Our friend and dermatologist has been treating them.) Anyway, Stacey thought it may be a good idea to explain to Drea that God can heal her spots.  That conversation led to Stacey telling Drea that God doesn't make people sick. Somehow that lead to a conversation about the devil being responsible for these things.  In the beginning of the conversation it was going well, but at some point Drea got scared. (Stacey insists that I note she probably did not say the right things and probably should not have mentioned any of this right before bedtime.) The reason I bring this up is the next story. ~ Drea and I were praying one night and she said "Dad, I'm scared. Can you pray that the devil doesn't get me."  I said sure and explained to her that she didn't need to be scared because God is in her heart.  She shot back with, "Dad, I think the devil is in your heart."  I asked her why she thought that.  She said because I get angry.  I explained to her that, I am a person and I make mistakes and I am not perfect.  Wow, out of the mouths of babes. 

Drea is such a sensitive soul.  She seems to get upset and cry over the simplest things.  She has cried over her sister changing the channel.  She gets upset when we leave family or friends houses.  When I say upset, I mean...a loud cry, followed by sobbing and tears.  Now as much as I wish Drea would sometimes express her sadness in another way it is her sensitivity makes her who she is.  This same trait is the same reason why she recently took the time to make Valentine's card for some of her friends even though it was after Valentines Day.  She didn't get to see them on the 14th so she needed to make them something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you told me the tickle story but it is so cute that I had to mention it again. Love Mom