Sunday, March 13, 2011

Two years ago...

Two years ago today, I started getting to know a new person. I remember wondering what she would be like as I'm sure she wondered the same about me. We have grown to know each other well. I must say I'm head over heels for this adorable little two year old named Charlotte.

I was putting her to bed tonight after a long day of birthday celebrations and I was thinking about the day we first met. She was so new and the mystery of what her personality would be, who she would look like and what her voice would sound like was very real. It was interesting to me that I remember that feeling. I don't usually remember a lot of things sometimes and get upset with myself for having such a horrible memory...but this feeling I remember.

Charlotte is our sweet little soul with a fiery side. We tend to call her our bully but we will always know she can take care of herself when it comes down to it and one day this could be important. She can turn off this trait and be a soft, cuddly, sweet little girl when she wants to be. In fact, some people don't believe she possesses the fiery quality but that's what makes her so ornery to me. She can "innocently" hide it! :)

She also loves to help and be a part of anything we are doing. Her helpful personality makes cleaning and fixing things interesting sometimes because she insists on having a hand in the activities. We love it. And it's a great influence on her older sister! We also love the way she makes Drea laugh! Our girls could spend hours laughing at each other.

Charlotte is our shy girl...who enjoys being a ham sometimes. Weird, I know, but really, around a crowd she will sometimes go in her shell and insist on being attached to my hip. Then once she gets comfortable she enjoys some of the attention she gets from showing off a little. She's like her daddy in this manner. Andy can be shy and hang out in the background around a crowd he's not so familiar with but after a few meetings with this crowd he gets to know people and get used to them and will be out going and silly.

She loves to be outside and has lately been escaping whenever she sees the door left a little open. (Scary, I know.) Currently, she loves Yo Gabba Gabba, could eat macaroni and cheese all day long, and is in love with her milk. Charlotte is our "not-so-girly" girl. She likes to play trucks and do a wide variety of activities that don't necessarily involve dolls.

Anyway, I might not have known much about her when she first joined us two years ago (except for her kicking pattern) but she sure has made an impression in our hearts thus far. I can't imagine loving two little girls anymore than my Drea and Charlotte.

Happy 2nd birthday Charlotte! We love you to pieces munchkin.


Our big two year old.
Charlotte trying on headbands for Nunnie. This is as far as it gets. She won't wear them past looking herself in the mirror and letting Nunnie take pictures.

Charlotte and her little friend Elijah. These two are adorable!

Charlotte waking up from her nap for her birthday party.


Me and my girls.



I love this picture.


1 comment:

Gwenc5543 said...

What a little doll! She looks so grown up sitting on the couch! Happy Birthday Charlotte!