Monday, August 1, 2011

Randomness

Have I said before that Drea LOVES her hair curly? I mean loves. She asks me to put it up in curlers some nights before bed and I love her face in the morning when we take them out. She says she likes to look like me. I love that girl!

Charlotte is into rolling the car windows down with her foot right now. It's very cute and we love that she enjoys it. Drea used to hate the wind on her and would say "wind enough. wind enough."

Drea can swim now! She couldn't at the beginning of the summer. In fact, I called Ben to give her lessons because she gave me a couple scares when she slipped into the deep end and I had to rescue her but we hadn't worked out a time yet. Then we went to the pool a couple weeks ago she just started saying watch me and she was swimming by herself. Then the next time we went she was saying watch me jump into the pool and watch me do a cannon ball. She was even going under a little bit and she doesn't even like getting water in her face in the bathtub. Then the next time we went swimming she was swimming under water! ...like really swimming! I was in shock. I can't believe she is so big! It made me realize how funny it is the way our emotions work. I was so ready for her to be swimming on her so I knew she was safe. But now that she is I'm sad because it made me realize how grown up she is.



Charlotte says so many sentences now. She usually needs us to translate a good bit of them but you shuold hear her say "Sissy is going to kindergarten." It is the cutest thing ever! Except now she is adding that she is going to kindergarten too!

Drea knows all of the words to the Bruno mars song "Just the Way You Are." I love that she knows this song. It is a beautiful song and I hope she remembers that this is the way God looks at her and sees how beautiful she is. It makes me joyful when I hear her sing it so sweetly. By the way, I love the song because I think it is incredibly romantic.

Charlotte also is getting very animated! When she talks and explains things, she has her hands on her hips or a hand out moving it around like a little italian.




Quick Drea story:

We were in Wendy's one day and Drea seemed to be staring at a little girl with a prostetic leg. The little girl was the same age as Drea and her leg was decorated with a colorful flower and heart design. We kept telling Drea not to stare because it could hurt her feelings. Instead we told her to say hi or ask her and her sisters their names or ages or where they went to school. We explained that if she had questions she could ask us when we got in the car.
    So once in the car, we turned the music off and said, "Honey, did you have questions about that little girls leg?" Before letting her answer, I started my schpeel about how that is her leg and what it is called and how it helps her do everything  we can do. Then I added how everyone is different and....blah, blah, blah...you know all the normal stuff parents are supposed to say.
   Drea says, "I was just checking out the colorful, flower pattern on it. I wish I had that."
   I think I learned a bigger lesson than she did that evening. Kids minds amaze me.

1 comment:

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

oh my goodness! What GREAT pictures. I love the pool action shots. Take a lot of them now...Kalee used to love for me to take pictures of her jumping in the pool, but if I try to do it now she says "Mommaaaaa...stop" and gives me THE look. :( Miss you guys!