Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Random Pictures and Stories


For my forty birthday I went to Atlanta for the Chicfila Kickoff game between WVU and Alabama. Alabama won the game 33-23, but a good time was had by all.  I came home to a decorated bathroom complete with 40 balloons.  Thanks, Drea and Charlotte.  Almost a month later and there are still balloons in the house.

Drea decided she wanted to cheer this year.  She is quite the little cheerleader.  She always has a smile on her face and you would never know if her team was losing because she always is positive and happy while cheering.  I guess it is in the job description.





The girls and I just went to the WVU vs. Oklahoma game this past weekend.  Again, WVU lost, this time 45-33.  The following pictures are from the game or at least the beginning of the game.  I did not have time to take any other pictures.  Two thoughts from the game; first, midway through the second quarter I thought, Wow, it is only the second quarter, I don't know how I am going to make it, Charlotte was extremely tired and was ready to go home.  However, she rallied and was fine.  Second, in the middle of the fourth quarter the woman sitting next to me, turned to me and said, I have watched you and your daughter (Charlotte) the entire game, and you are quite the human jungle gym, I am impressed.  I just said, thanks out of pure exhaustion.  Either way, Drea and Charlotte have enjoyed the games so far this season, as their record going to games sits at 1-1.





In closing, I will leave with a story about our last pool trip for the summer a few weeks back.  Some of you may know that I am a list person.  I write down lists at home and at work of things I need to complete.  I also like to tell people to remind me of stuff because it helps me remember.  There have been several occasions where Drea is the person I tell.  As we were coming home the night before we were headed to the pool, I said something to the girls about remembering to get Char's puddle jumper (floatie) for the pool.  As we pulled into the garage that evening Drea hops right out of the car and heads towards the upstairs.  However, instead of going upstairs, she stops grabs the puddle jumper and puts it in the car.  It made me smile because she was helping me gets prepared for our trip the next day and it was quite responsible, even though that was not my intention by telling them.

The next day we were at the pool and Drea was off playing in the pool with some girl she made friends with.  I was with Charlotte because she can not swim as well and I can not really leave her alone. Anyway, she was playing on a floating crocodile in the middle of the pool.  There were some young middle school kids playing on it too, trying to flip each other off.  They recognized that Charlotte was on it too and were careful, but they were still trying to make each other fall off.  There was a girl that was with them, who was sort of different, a little over weigh and awkward.  I felt bad for her because the boys she was with really were not nice to her.  I assume it was her brothers, but I am not totally sure.  For some reason, Charlotte took a liking to her.  If you know Charlotte, you know she can be sweet and loving.  She played and swam around with this girl for awhile.  When the girl finally left and told her bye, Charlotte gave her the biggest hug.  Now, I am sure Charlotte felt like that girl made her day, but watching the girl and how she was being treated by those boys, there is no doubt in my mind, it was the other way around.  It just made me smile because she didn't judge that girl in anyway, and I love that innocent that kids have.  I hope she continues to be like that and doesn't judge a book by its cover.

No comments: