Monday, August 11, 2008

Garden goodness

Yeah! My first garden has been producing many vegetables! I was concerned because I planted rather late but below is a picture of some stuff we picked last week. (Romaine lettuce, zucchini, cucumbers, green peppers, hot peppers and green beans.) And I finally had some red tomatoes the other day.

I wanted to try my hand at a garden because my grandma always had a garden in the back yard and I thought it must be good ground. And I thought it would be something fun for Drea to learn. She has been very excited about picking the veggies. (Even though I don't think she actually eats any of it.)


2 comments:

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

I'm a little jealous - everything looks great! We have had a lot of luck with our cucumbers (I had my first experience of pickling them), but everything else is not so great. We've got a ton of tomatoes - they just aren't too pretty to look at. I was really excited about the watermelons, but the vines all seem to die half way into the growing process. It's a little frustrating. Oh well...we are about to plant broccoli -- we'll see how that turns out!

Anonymous said...

Hey your stuff looks great in pictures. But it also was good in person (or maybe I should say in vegetable?) Anyway it definitely is good for Drea to experience.

She is smart as far as the singing of songs go. Andy had a good memory as a kid but at Drea's age, he didn't talk all that much. I think Karen talked for him alot.

He used to tell stories that were pretty far-fetched, but really funny when we thought about it.

Love, Noni