Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Man Camp and Other Stories

This past weekend some friends and I went camping in NJ. It was just the guys and we had a lot of fun. We call this annual trip Man Camp. Our wives laugh at us and say we put more effort into Man Camp then any other thing we do. This year we even made t-shirts. Below is a picture of us in our shirts. I know we are dorks, but we are men and that is what we do.



As much as I love Man Camp at some point during the trip I do miss my girls. It just reminds me how much I love the outdoors and how much I want the girls to love it, too. Two side stories to go along with Man Camp. First, when I told Drea I was going she said she wanted to go and when I left she said, "Daddy don't go I'm going to miss you." That didn't make it any easier. The second story (which really isn't a story) is Charlotte got so big in just three days. Speaking of how big she is, here is a cute video of her laughing and smiling at Mommy.





Here is another video of Drea doing Patty Cake with Charlotte....watch carefully at the end of the video when Drea gets to the mark it with a B part. There is no way Charlotte is not going to be tough.

Some closing thoughts:

  • Most of you know that I am a Phillies fan or should I say the World Champion Philadelphia Phillies, anyway, I don't get to see them play that much so when they are on National TV I always try to watch it....and they always lose. Well, I guess not all the time since I did watch the World Series and the won that.

  • Drea is beginning to use the computer and mouse on her own, she is growing so fast. It is nice she can do that on her own, but in some ways I wish she still needed us....I guess you just have to let them grow up, but I just wish they would slow down.

No comments: