Thursday, September 3, 2009

RIP Slickers

It saddens me to tell you our goldfish Slickers has moved on to the big fish bowl in the sky or shall I say the big fish bowl in the bathroom. We decided we aren't going to replace Slickers because she can't be replaced. (Grandparents we are serious, NO REPLACEMENT FISH) Drea won her at the Three Rivers Festival in May and Slickers lasted longer then I ever thought she would. She was a good fish and we enjoyed her. I think I may have done something to lead her to her death. I cleaned her bowl today and I think it may have been something I did in the cleaning that put her over the edge. Please don't tell the cops it was unintentional. We will miss you Slickers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope when Drea gets older she reads this and she will cry that her daddy killed her fish!!!!!

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

hahahahahahaha!!!! that is great! Be watching your mailbox for the mail-order fish that I sent to Drea (I'm not a grandparent, so the rules don't apply, right?!) :)

Andy said...

Teresa, that means you, too!!!

Anonymous said...

RIP Slickers! Don't worry, I won't buy a fish. Laura always seemed to come home with fish she won from a carnival. You know the ping pong ball in the bowl thing. Fortunately for me (unfortunately for Laura) our fish never lasted as long as Slickers.

Noni