Monday, February 15, 2010

Things that make me smile

Below are some things that make me smile lately or sometimes even giggle and laugh out loud. (These will be identified according to our five senses because that is what Drea has been learning at school lately.)


Sound:

  • My daughters laughing together. They are finally starting to interact with each other and I love the sound of their joint laughter. Sometimes in the car, Drea will start laughing at Charlotte and then Charlotte just starts laughing because Drea's laughing. As Kai-Lan says, this makes my heart feel happy. Can you tell in these pictures how much fun they have together lately even as they are torturing momma.



I look like I'm having fun by this picture, don't I...and what is Drea doing to her sister?


Sight:

  • A snowman. And even better, a giant snowman. During our recent slight blizzard, some nice family on Virginia Avenue built a giantic snowman. I enjoyed seeing this on my way to work everyday. Thanks Virginia Avenue family on the corner across from 8th Street Confectionary.

  • Andy wearing dress-up jewelry that Drea has "forced" him to wear. He said he was being a "king" but he sure looked like a "queen" to me.
  • This:

  • These beautiful faces below:





Touch:


  • I'm going to go more with the word "feeling" on this because the other day I was giggling out loud at the feeling of going down my back road to pull into the garage. Follow me for a minute...No one plows this road since we are the only ones who use it and it leads into our driveway. We have made tire tracks in the snow that has now turned to ice. So (when I'm by myself) I really enjoy just letting off the break & gas and coasting down this road (since no one else uses it) like I'm on a roller coaster. Pretty fun. So I started to do this the other day but instead my tires went a little off course but it was like when you are riding that old car ride at the Kennywood that keeps your tires on a track and my car jolted me back into the tire treads and then they went a little off course the other direction and my car jerked me back on the tracks again. Anyway, by the time I made it onto my driveway, I was cracking up out loud behind the wheel because it was so much fun. I probably couldn't do it again if I tried. What was even funnier was when I looked up and saw Andy watching me from our kitchen window and I realized he probably thought I was driving drunk. Maybe you had to be there.

Smell:


  • The current candle we have in our living room. Some vanilla and cookies and cream thing from Walmart. I always enjoy the smell of vanilla.

  • Freshly baked cookies.

  • Babies.

Taste:

  • This is not hard to think of while dieting...french fries makes me smile.
  • Ice cream, brownies, or cookies.
  • Hot wings (especially garlic romano wings from the SportsPage) which are unfortunately 9 points for only 3 wings!
  • Oh, food, pretty much lights me up all together.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I love this blog and the way you did it according to what Drea is learning. The sight part made me cry...You made my heart happy!