Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Link

I'm taking a minute to plug on e of my links on the right hand side of this page because I'm really enjoying it.
iMom is a great parenting site with lots of good articles, information and tips. Their tagline is "Inspiration. Ideas. Information. Insight." I am getting exactly that out of it so far.

I signed up for their daily emails and I enjoy reading the quick little paragraph each morning. At the end of each email there is a section called "Tonight's Pillow Talk." It gives you an idea of something to ask your kids and talk about with them. All too often I think we do a lot of talking AT our kids and not a lot of talking WITH them or listening to them. So I have been trying to use this avenue in bedtime discussions with Drea. The other day the question was, Do you think our home is super clean, kind of clean, just right, kind of messy, or super messy? And what do you think about that? Great question! I loved the thought of gauging what your child really thinks about that which you slave over to "make a good home for them." Anyway, the answer turned out okay for us. : ) I just enjoyed getting to listen to her and I know she enjoyed that I wanted her opinion. Anyway, there have been a lot of other interesting questions (not just about your house.)

Anyway, I know many of us don't need something else to read daily or another website to visit so I just wanted to share something with you from the daily email this morning. It's a quick, little story called "A Man, a Mugger and a Miracle." I think it might be the easiest if I share the link. Feel free to read it if you want.

http://www.imom.com/page.php?id=188

Have a great day!

Oh, by the way...there is also a site for dads called AllProDad. I was trying to remember how I found these sites and then I remembered my friend Ben Young mentioned them on his blog. Thanks Ben!

3 comments:

me said...

NICE!! You guys are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love the imom. I asked Brynn and Lydia about our house and I was pleasantly surprised. I signed up and loved the email I got today. I am sending it on to friends. Karen

Andy said...

Hey, I like the sound of those questions. I think it is a great idea. Thanks for being an awesome wife and mom. Love ya, Drew