Friday, September 24, 2010

Family Camping 2010

I'm catching up on some end of the summer picture blogs. Here are some shots from our camping weekend with our friends, Dave, Kevin, Amber and Mackenzie. This was our annual family camping trip and this year we decided to venture to Deep Creek in Marlyand. The area is really beautiful there. We would love to go back even to just take the kids to the beach again there. Drea and Mackenzie loved the beach and Andy enjoyed getting to kayak. I forgot my camera that day so you won't see any of those pictures. It was supposed to be kayaking with the kids but that didn't work out as planned. We also took a hike down to Swallow Falls on Sunday and ended our weekend with great pizza at Brenda's Pizzeria and ice cream at the Lakeside Creamery. Here are some of the pictures from our adventure.



Mackenzie and Drea playing in the tent.

Charlotte wasn't very happy that the big girls were playing without her.

Charlotte enjoying a fire with Amber.

Morning girls. Ready for the day to begin.

Breakfast clean-up time.

This was on our hike to Swallow Falls. Mackenize and Drea wanted to be adventurous and not walk on the path.

I love this picture.

I think they were looking at some waterfall or something.

Friends.

A good scenery shot.

The falls were beautiful and worth the sweat back up to the top.
Thanks Tennants and Dave Shaver - another successful camping trip. We always enjoy our adventures with you guys and look forward to it every year.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I was Bor and raised in that area. Josh and I were baptized in Herrington Lake, which is near swallow falls. It is a beautiful place, even though we don't get to visit my family as often as I would like. Glad you guys had a good time.