Sunday, March 4, 2012

Randomness

I took some pictures of the girls over the weekend and wanted to share them with everyone.  Both of our girls love art.  I'm not talking about Picasso or Rembrandt, I am talking about doing art.  You name it, they love it.  Coloring is probably at the top of the list.  Drea absolutely adores new markers.  Give Charlotte a pair of scissors and she goes to town.  The girls will take any chance they can get to do an art project.  So this weekend they wanted to paint and they set out to work.


Our little artist at work


For whatever reason Drea likes to paint in just her panties.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Obviously, our girls are different from one another just like most siblings.  I think this fact is evident in the way both of them sleep.  It cracked me up the other night when I peeked in on them, what a stark contrast between the way they were sleeping.  I think it shows their personalities.  In a recent blog I said Charlotte is always going at a hundred miles an hour.  So of course, when she sleeps she is all sprawled out.  Drea on the other hand likes order and everything has to be in its place.  Hence, she is rolled up in a little ball, all neat and tidy.
 
Charlotte sprawled out

Drea in a ball

Below are two pictures that Drea and I drew.  I won't tell you who drew which one.  Drea wanted me to draw a picture of a zoo.  I tried my best.  I didn't know she was going to draw a zoo, too.  I think hers maybe better.  I would like you to be the judge.  Which one do you think is better?  You can cast your vote by leaving a comment.  Also see if you can figure out what animals and activities we have at our zoos.  Have fun and vote for me..................... or Drea, I guess.

Picture 1

Picture 2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figure that picture one is yours, Andy, and that picture two is Drea's. I can't vote for which one is better, because a true artist sees creativity in both pictures, and it is my opinion that art shouldn't be judged, but savored for its own beauty. Perhaps you can tell that I was a teacher of pre-school children. Some of them were entirely too hard on themselves for making an exact replica of a dog, monkey, etc. Others felt that their squiggly line was just perfect the way it was! I could tell Drea's because of the great swings she made & I would guess that Drea loves swings. I also knew that Drea sleeps in a ball because I slept with her last time I was there. And yes, Drea, I do snore sometimes! LOL! Love, Noni

Anonymous said...

I vote for 2 because she is better right Drea good swing set and zoo love it yours isn't too bad Andy,either love you guys

Anonymous said...

I think I can figure out whose drawing belongs to whom.the true evaluation needs to be who displays the most talent.for a 37 year old or Drea for a 6 year old.Sorry Andy,you lose! Bob.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the blog today, as I like to check periodically to see what the girls are up to since W.Va. is a bit of a hike for me. As I read about the "art" part again, I realized I missed the part about Charlotte "going to town" with the scissors. It is assumed in the Niessner family that Charlotte & Lydia are just like their Aunt Laura. Well, Aunt Laura was a scissor freak when she was Charlotte's age. I would come home from work to massive amounts of paper cut up into piles! Oh, by the way, Andy, your dad was supposed to be watching her! LOL! Who knows where he was but I suspect Laura watched herself & helped herself to paper! Love, Mom (Noni)

young wife&mom said...

I think they are both lovely pictures..and Jack sleeps exactly like Charlotte and Caleb like Drea. I have thought about taking the same pictures too! You are a great dad--keep up the good work!
btw: Jacks our scissor guy and I think he might be on the horder show one day..for his collection of paper snippets and crafty odds and ends