Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rail Trail Adventure

The girls and I went for a bike ride on the rail trail the other day and they had a blast.  Well, I didn't ride my bike, I pulled Charlotte's bike along as she walked.  Drea is riding her bike now and that is pretty exciting.  She is still using training wheels, but she is getting there.  I don't know who is more scared to take them off me or her.  I would say me. 

And they are off...

Drea really has gotten so good at riding her bike.  I can't wait to take her back to the trail.

Right after this Charlotte didn't ride her bike again

The next three picture crack me up.  I told them I wanted to take their picture and each time they strike a pose.  I wonder where they got that from.

Hand on hip

Char dropped the ball on this one, no hand on hip

This was my favorite part of the experience.  The girls kept wanting to stop along the path and explore.

I was willing to bet that one of them would fall in...it didn't happen

This was a little waterfall that the girls really liked

Just having fun


This is before going though the tunnel...

...this is after going though the tunnel...in between Charlotte in Charlotte fashion had to go pee...so she peed in the tunnel


Drea took this picture of me...not sure what I am doing

We had the best time going on the trail.  The only thing that was a bummer was we had to be somewhere and had to leave.  The girls were having such a good time I hated to leave.  I hope they will enjoy it as much next time as they did this time.

4 comments:

young wife&mom said...

rail trail is always fun! we have seen groundhogs, muskrats, falling rocks, snakes and horse poop most recently!


the girls will treasure these memories forever..you are a great dad!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you are doing either. But Drea takes great pictures. Looks like they are having a great time. We will have to come for a visit and explore this area with you guys. Brynn and Lydia love looking at the blog and want to spend some time with you guys this summer. We maybe able to come to mom's when you are there.
Love,
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Personally, I like the "hand on hip" poses! Glad the girls are getting alot of outdoors time! I always enjoyed being outside and exploring and waterfalls were always very intrigueing to me also! Good to see them riding their bikes & it reminds me of when you & Karen first learned to ride. The tunnel is very interesting & I would enjoy visiting there also! Charlotte going pottie outside reminds me of Lydia, who ALWAYS has to go, too! It works good for me because we can go together! LOL! Love, Noni

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lydia always has to go. She is an expert at peeing outside. She doesn't even have to get naked anymore when she goes. But she would rather use a port-a-pottie than go outside. Those things are her favorites.
Aunt Karen