Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Last Day

I can hardly believe that I am typing this, but today was Drea's last day of Kindergarten.  It just seems like yesterday we were registering her for school and know she is going on to 1st grade.  I was sad because the 4th grade went on a field trip today and I wasn't able to be with her on her last day, but I have enjoyed every moment of her being at my school.  One of my favorite things is getting to see her in the hall.  She still gets as excited as she did the first time it happened.  I also got to know her friends, whenever I walked with her in the hall or stopped in her classroom.  Yeah, I was that parent.  I figured it was okay since it was just Kindergarten.  Now, next year will be different.  I think.  The other thing that was neat was how my students took to her.  That includes my current and former students.  I am very pleased with how the year went.  So without any further ado, here are some pics of our little Kindergarten graduate.

Before school...

...and of course posing


I'm not sure if she is smiling because I told her so or because it was the last day

Putting on her shoes...

...now her backpack

Now she is ready

The Last Day...YAY!

Just being silly


Drea was cold so she wanted the blanket, but I don't know why she wouldn't take a picture without it


Just one last cute one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if Drea had an actual graduation from Kindergarden? I, of course, loved all her pictures & I keep saying how thankful I am for the blog, so I don't miss as much as I would otherwise since being so far away, although it COULD be farther! I esp. liked "The Last Day, YAY" picture & the bright pink blanket was a nice colorful touch! "Now ready" and "Being Silly" were also high on my list of favorites! Glad to hear she is making alot of friends thoughout the school! Happens when your parent is a teacher in your school, esp. if the "teacher parent" is liked by the other students! Love, Noni

Anonymous said...

And we all know her daddy is very much liked by the other students. The Harvey boys "Love Andy". In fact, Alex said what he is going to miss the most about EP is you and Mr Garvin. :) Stacey H