Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rain, rain, go away....No way

On Friday we did not have any school (snow day).  So we were going to go to the park and play, but it rained.  Drea who always seems up to splashing in mud puddles suggested that her and Charlotte put on their rain coats and head outside.  They had a great time and avoided getting wet.

These first two pictures are my absolute favorites


Splashing in the puddles


Drea was doing a dance routine


The girls ran back and forth between the puddle at the end of the drive and the garage


Just standing in the rain



So Mother Nature tired to ruin our fun and more importantly our summer park tour, but the girls managed to beat her on this day.  Well, until it thundered, but that's besides the point.  They still had a great time playing outside and making the best of a rainy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Andy, this set of pictures brings back memories of not only my childhood days playing out in the rain, but also you, Karen and Laura. The one that sticks out in my mind is when you & Karen had this great idea. You both decided to use the CLEAN recycling glass bottles out of the baskets, that were sorted by color, (which we had to do then)from the garage. The ideas was to fill them with muddy water and stand them up all around the driveway! I thought I would blow a gasket! LOL! All a part of childhood memories! Anyway, I liked the two pics of the girls that you liked also! By the way I have alot of GOOD memories of playing in the rain, both me and all of you guys too! Love, Noni