Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Park Tour: Park Ten

Our summer park tour brings us to Krepps Park in Morgantown.  One of the best parts of our trip to Krepps Park is the fact that you can incorporate the pool into your visit.  The girls, my cousin Kristi, Aunt Jody, Barrett, and myself all headed to Krepps pool and then the park.  I failed to take any pictures of any of us swimming at the pool.  However, I will note that Drea is becoming quite the swimmer.  Almost the entire day she jumped off the diving board.  Not only that, I can throw her around the pool and she doesn't care at all.  I told her I have waited her entire life to be able to throw her around the pool.  Her face lit up.  Another cool thing about the pool is Charlotte can get in the big pool and touch the bottom.  This is the first big pool this summer that she could get in and still be able to touch.  I think she really enjoyed that.  Anyway, onto the park pictures and more importantly picture of those adorable girls.

Here's a picture of the pool...

...and now the park

This is a balance beam that moves, both of the girls really like it

T-bird getting some help from Aunt Jody

Drea doing it by herself

Riding another tire swing....I think Char likes the tire swing more then Drea...

...but you know they both love the swings


This is a pretty interesting slide.  The kids climb though a tube and can hang out in that cube thing before heading down the slide...surprisingly Charlotte never went down this slide.

Charlotte counting the x's...

...now telling time

Dad, pose like this...

...like this?

Seriously, Dad...how embarrassing
If I was rating this park based on everything including the pool I would give it a five swing rating.  However, I don't think the pool counts towards the actual park.  That being said, I would give this park a 4 swing rating.  The playground equipment is a little older and there really isn't alot of variety, but it is well shaded, there is a bathroom and water fountain readily available.  The girls seem to really like this park.  We are getting close to the end of the summer so this maybe the last new park we visit.  I hope you have enjoyed following our tour as much as we have had taking it.  I know we will have future parks to visit and there is definitely more fun to be had.  I will be asking the girls which park was there favorite so continue following our adventures and reading our family blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Andy, I am definitely impressed with Drea on the balance beam and the cute poses of you & Charlotte! The park looks fun & I am glad the girls are getting in alot of pool time. Say hi to them for me and also to Kristi, Jody & Barrett! Love, Noni

Anonymous said...

Ketsufgood job.those girls are your treasure and you really show it.
we have verymuch enjoyed our vicarious summer outings thru you and the girls.p.s.you are turning into quite the poser yourself!love ya .nunnie and old man bob.