Saturday, September 8, 2012

Randon Thoughts, Feelings, and Opinions

  • I hate folding laundry...towels are okay, but the rest of it sucks.

  • I love college football...this is my favorite time of year.  It is even better that WVU is ranked so high and has high expectations.  I would watch college football over anything on television at any time. 

  • I talked to Charlotte on the phone the other day and I was asking her a bunch of questions....anyway, she answered every question, by saying "Nah"....it made me think of my Grandfather.  He was never a big talker and would always answer with a "Nah".  It was pretty cool to hear Char answer that way and it made me chuckle.

  • Recently I celebrated my 38th birthday and it was one of the best birthdays I could remember.  I know I'm old and that's probably why, but the best part of my birthday was Drea running up to me at school and screaming happy birthday.

  • Beer is proof that God loves us.

  • I watched the movie, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and I highly recommend it.  It was probably one of the most therapeutic movies I have ever watched.  There is a scene in which Sandra Bullock is talking to her son, Oscar.  He is mad that is father was killed during the attacks of 9/11.  He tells her that he wishes it was her that died and not his father.  She replies saying, she wish it was her too.  I clearly remember my mom saying the same thing after my father died.  It's tough being the one left behind.  More on this movie later.

  • Who needs the Outback when you can make steak like this....


  • ....and Yes I ate the whole thing.

  • I think I have finally gotten over the whole Rich Rodriguez leaving WVU thing...sometimes things happen for a reason.  If he didn't leave we wouldn't have this guy...

  • I love completing a task, it doesn't matter what it is painting, cutting the grass, lesson plans, whatever....task completion is always a good thing.

  • If I didn't live in WV I would definitely live in the Baltimore/DC area....or the beach. 

  • I know I am a man and I am not supposed to cry, but nothing is better then a good cry.  I am not afraid to share my feelings or cry.  God made me that way, so why fight it.

  • So there has been some debate as to whether I should keep this look or not...

  • ...of course I mean the beard not the stance...I don't know what that is about...my theory on the beard is this, if it is good enough for Jesus, Santa Claus, and the Mountaineer, it's good enough for me...plus Drea likes it.

  • Back to the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, like I said it was very therapeutic...there was a scene where the boy in the movie admits he didn't answer the phone when his Dad called to speak to him one last time.  It reminded me of my father's death. My sister Laura came to get me after my father had fallen from his heart attack and I failed to do anything.  I guess I didn't realize there was something I could do or had to do.  I don't know if I feel guilty or if I feel anything at all...it just seemed very familiar.

  •  The movie, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close,  is about a family dealing with life after the 9/11 attacks on the NY trade center.  It also got me to thinking about that day.  I clearly remember that day.  Stacey and I, as well as, our friend Dave, sat in the Mountainlair and just watched.  You could have heard a pin drop in the Mountainlair that day.

  • Finally, in another scene in the movie, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Oscar talks about making his Dad proud.  Isn't that what we all want and hope....to make our parents proud.  I hope that I do and continue too.

4 comments:

PJ said...

See even your random thoughts are awesome! Love that you write, keep it up!

Lorrie said...

So I think u should shave the beard and go for the Dana h. Look! It's worked well for him

Gwen said...

Your comment about the beard being good enough for Jesus, Santa Claus, and the Mountaineer . . . . made me laugh . . . out loud! Marty would agree with the steak. He believes a home grilled steak is better than a restaurant steak any day. we have known you for three years and I think you have been keeping your culinary skills a secret . .. when are you having your small group over for dinner?! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have always had memory problems, so I had to write down some of the things you talked about on this part of the blog! Yes, Char does sound like Pop, but I always remember sleeping in the same room as her & when she woke up, she kept saying "Hey" to me until I got her out of her crib! She was too funny! Beer definitely is good! Glad you had a good b-day & for Pete's sake, you aren't old! Look at me! I am not old either! I think I would really like that movie & I am sure I would cry too! Love Sandra Bullock! Don't feel guilty about the day your dad died. Laura was told by the son of the EMT that came that day, that even if your dad would have been in the hospital they couldn't have saved him. And, yes, after he died, at times, I sort of envied him because things were such a total mess, but God got us through it. Now I get the pleasure of grandkids & watching all of you grow up! By the way, I am proud of all of you! Love, Mom