Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Second Grade and the Last Year of Preschool

Monday was Drea's first day of second grade.  It also marked the beginning of Charlotte's last year at Kids R Special.  Technically, Charlotte started back last week, but saying they started at the same time makes for a better story.  Except now that I am saying it, the story changes, but you get the point, I suppose.  Anyway, I know I have said this before, but I can't believe how fast they are growing up.  I am not necessarily a fan of how fast it is going, but it is pretty neat to see them forming their own personalities and quirks.  Here is hoping for another great year, but also a much slower year.

Drea insisted on having new pjs for the new school year

Drea and Charlotte, Sunday night before the first day of school

Dressed and ready...and of course posing

To be clear Drea doesn't have real glasses on...

Posing with each other

Complete with backpacks and ready to go!
I am not sure when others start school, but I hope everyone has a great school year.  Thanks for reading our blog and look for more adventures of the Niessner girls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope my wonderful nieces had an awesome first day of school. We are starting our first day on Monday. I can't believe how big you have all gotten. I hope your teachers are nice.
We love you,
Aunt Karen

Gwen said...

The pictures are too cute! I hope the girls have a great year! Drea looks cute in glasses---too bad she couldn't talk her eye doctor into some real ones. Ha ha!!

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

I hope you all have a great school year! And I agree...I hope it goes by slowly, too. This is Kalee's first year of middle school, but it seems like just yesterday that she was posing just like Charlotte! Got to love those sweet kiddos.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing my sweet granddaughters getting ready for school! What a wonderful gift to all of us that live a distance from you! Drea does look cute in those glasses & I love the 2nd grade sign! Kiss, kiss! One for each girl! Love, Noni