Thursday, October 17, 2013

Carving Pumpkins

The girls and I decided tonight would be a good night for carving pumpkins.  Okay, really I decided it would be a good night.  It was cold and rainy outside, plus tonight really was the only night we would have a chance to do it before Halloween.  As we were eating dinner, I told them I had a surprise for them after dinner.  Of course they tried to guess.  I told them I was not going to tell them.  If you know them, you know that they have to know.  They are funny, they love a good surprise, but they do not want to wait for it.  We had bought pumpkins two weeks ago and to be honest with you, I think they forgot.  It wasn't even one of their guesses.  However, they were very excited.  Once we were finished with dinner and clean up, the fun began...

Charlotte cleaning out her pumpkin

Now Drea's turn

I wasn't surprised Drea didn't like the pumpkin guts, but I was
surprised that Charlotte did not like them either.

Then after a wardrobe change they drew on their pumpkin faces 

Char just took her clothes off...the girls drew the
faces on the pumpkins using dry eraser markers

Here is the end product...Can you guess who made which one?

Hint:  The one on the left has a bow

The girls with their pumpkins

The pumpkins sitting on the porch...Happy Halloween

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Super cute pumpkins. Tell the girls they look great!

Anonymous said...

The one with the bow is Drea's, I think! They both turned out really awesome! I remember those days, cutting pumpkins with you and your sisters! What fun! I don't think any of you were crazy about the pumpkin "guts" either! LOL! Great pictures of the "Great Pumpkins"! Don't forget your Charlie Brown specials! Love, Mom

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

fun times! the girls are so cute...

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. You will see no pics of your nieces this year though craving pumpkins. We got pumpkins the other day. I was making dinner and looked out on the deck. There they were with all the pumpkin craving stuff and two craved pumpkins. Oh well guess they can do it their selves. I love the bow.
Love,
Aunt Karen