Thursday, October 24, 2013

WVU vs. Texas Tech

I know.  We lost.  It happens.  You know what, though, I won.  What did I win?  A day with the girls at Milan Puskar Stadium.  That's what.  Sure, the outcome wasn't what we hoped for and Drea almost came to tears, but I still won.  The girls are funny.  Drea is a die hard.  She loves the Mountaineers.  She loves everything about game day.  She was mad because we didn't tailgate before the game.  She cheered when she was supposed to cheer, did the first down chant, and the Let's Go Mountaineers chant as well.  She is into the game, asks questions, and has her eyes on the game the entire time.  Charlotte, not so much.  She made it though the game and I think had fun, but not without asking every quarter if it was time to go.  What Charlotte enjoyed was the people.  She made friends with everyone around us.  She knows no strangers.  That is what got her though.  But either way, I still won.  Whether they were into the game like Drea or just wanted to socialize like Charlotte, I still came out on top and really isn't that all that matters. 

WVU Marching Band before the game

WVU Marching Band at Halftime

Daddy's Girls
 

Applying Chapstick

Just focused on the game

Yes, she is drinking a slushy...I told her it was too cold...she didn't care

Cheesing it up


Charlotte being a ham

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Char sticking out her tongue in the last picture is the best. You did win. Every day with our children is a winning day.
Love ya,
Karen

Anonymous said...

The pics are adorable, which means the girls are adorable! I always was like Char when your dad & I went to the Phillies game. I just couldn't concentrate on a lot of the things that happened in the game, but I did have fun watching people! I really had a good time at the WVU game we went to a few years back! Loved the cheering, stomping, songs, etc. Have fun! Love, Mom