Thursday, February 20, 2014

Melt-ageddon

We continue to survive the winter weather here in WV.  The weeks continue to bring cold temperatures and more snow days and delays.  We went the entire month of January without going for one full week.  In February it has been much of the same with only one more week left, it is possible to have gone for two months without a full week of school (year around school anyone?) However, after having snow in the yard for over almost two months, the weather began to warm up over the last few days.  With the warm up and some rain, we had quite the puddle in the backyard. 

I don't think you can tell, but the water is moving quickly in this picture

Notice my neighbor's shed...he has it stacked on two cinderblocks
and that is not even the deepest part

Does anyone have an Ark?


After playing on the deck for 30 minutes, the water was just too tempting
It didn't take long for them to realize that the water was really cold...
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Memories! I remember you and Karen out in the driveway playing in puddles at Centerton. I also remember all 3 of you in Wildwood after a torrential rain and the streets flooring. I told you and Karen to keep an eye on Laura, because she was pretty small at that point and I could just see her getting sucked into the drainage ditch. You both always took such great care of her and I know she was a challenge at time! LOL! Lastly I remember me as a child going down to the traffic circle when it was flooded and the water was up to my knees! It was safe because no vehicles could go around without getting stuck! It was alot of fun! Love, Mom