Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Assembling a Christmas Present

After six nights of work in the basement, one full day, thirty total hours, and what seemed like 6,000 total pieces, I put this up in the backyard. 


To be fair on the full day, I had help from my friend, Jeff and from Jeremy.  The day started overcast and it appeared like it was going to pour before we even started, but then the sun came out and we went to work.  However, that was short-lived.  The sun gave way to a drizzle and the drizzle turned into a down pour.  We pressed on and took shelter under the deck and eventually the garage.  I'm sure several people driving by thought what are those fools doing building in the rain.  The goal was to get it finished before the girls returned.  I was close to it, only having to stake it down, attach the swings and the slide.  I was slightly afraid it would end up like this Lowe's commercial...



But for now I think we did okay...so feel free and stop by and swing and slide with the girls, I am sure they would love to share with all their friends.

Drea playing with plastic from the chains

The slide was one of the things I was worried about most.
However, it went together quite easily and mounted with no
problems.

I told Drea, I would try not to be so bossy about how they could play on it...try being the key word

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, of course I have to comment on the swing set! It looks totally awesome and I am sure the girls will enjoy playing on it for a long time! I remember the one we had for you & Karen in Centerton, and then when we moved to Millville, the old one bit the dust and we bought another one that the whole neighborhood enjoyed playing on. The only problem we had was that Timber was in the yard eventually, and he went crazy running around playing with the kids. I remember Timmy Jurich with no shoes on, just his socks, and Timber kept trying to take the socks off Tim's feet! Oh, the memories! And you will make some of your own with the girls and their playground set! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

By the way, I am eagerly awaiting your visit to N.J. I have lots of things for the girls! I guess I love to spoil grandkids! LOL! Love, Mom