Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Break in Jersey

The girls and I packed our bags, loaded up the dogs and headed to New Jersey for Spring Break.  It is the first time in a long time that I was giddy, yes, giddy to be home.  The girls were snuggled up in the back seat watching a movie and I was listening to the Phillies win 1-0 on the radio, which definitely added to the giddiness.   Then, as the game concluded and we got closer to my Mom's house this came on the radio...


It was only too fitting and a sign that I was home and a perfect beginning to our visit.  There was one sad bit of news, really devastating, but more on that later.  For now check out some of the pictures of our adventure to the Garden State.

Friday Night we had a campfire, complete with roasting hot-dogs and smores
The girls dyed Easter Eggs on Saturday morning

On Saturday afternoon we headed to Ocean City
The girls had to play in the water, which by the way, was too cold!
They don't seemed phased at all
Drea posing in front of her name
Charlotte being Charlotte
Happy to be at Shriver's Candy Store
On the boardwalk
Still trying to warm up from the ocean

Easter Morning
Charlotte, Noni, and Drea
Early I mentioned while on the trip we had some devastating news.  Here it is...

This is a picture of pizza from my favorite pizza place, Preps Pizza in Ocean City.  Part of the reason we, okay I am lying, the reason we went to Ocean City was to get Preps.  It never dawned on me it could be closed during the off season, but as we walked closer to the restaurant I noticed it was closed.  Heartache, I know, but it gets worse.  On the front of the closed doors was a sign...I figured it said, closed until June, sadly, it was a for sale sign.  We had to settle for Manco & Manco pizza.  It was still good, but not the same.  Regardless, we had a wonderful visit and I was glad to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing your pics, Andy! We did have a really awesome time together and I enjoyed it tremendously, especially since the long harrowing winter that I had! Not so much the snow as much as various other issues with things breaking down, etc.! Lots of Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to mention that I love the new opening picture of my front yard! I really think it is pretty nice with the big blue spruce in front. That tree has really grown tremendously over the years and I hate to say it is my favorite, because things I like alot seem to have awful things happen to them, however, I will pray that God will protect my beautiful tree! Love, Mom

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

oh, those girls are just too cute! Can't believe it's been so long since we've seen them!!!