Wednesday, July 9, 2014

California Trip: Part IV - Family

The main thing I wanted to do when we went to California is just spend time with my sister and her family.  We haven't seen each other in three years, so all I really wanted to do is hang out and enjoy one another's company.  I think we were able to accomplish that goal.

This had to be one of the most relaxing vacations ever.  Laura and Leo are such great hosts.  They really spoiled us.  Leo loves to cook, and he certainly did not disappoint.  I am pretty sure I gained a few pounds.  The kids got along wonderfully.  Only one time on Sunday, did the girls argue with one another.  That was our last day, so I am sure it was more being tired than anything else.

I could probably go on and on about how much we all enjoyed our visit, but I won't.  I'll wrap it up, by saying I hope it doesn't take three years to visit them again.  Enjoy the rest of our vacation pictures.

Inside the Polar Bear Ice Cave at Sea World

Charlotte trying to pick of Luke.  Both girls tried to do this all week...Luke wasn't a fan

Relaxing at the turtle beach at Sea World

Drea posing with the sea turtle

Char's turn

Finally some pictures of Baby Layla

Other than swimming, this was the most popular thing for the Drea...

...and Charlotte


The whole crew at the beach

Me and Laura

As soon as we arrived the clouds came out and it got cold, Drea had to bundled up.

Cheese! 
Charlotte at the Sheriff's Museum

Drea at the Sheriff's Museum

Locked in Jail

In the cockpit of the Helicopter

Luke and Me

Climbing in a tree at Old Town square

The girls wanted handcuffs at the Museum...I put them to good use

I thought Drea was stuck...

...unfortunately she had the key.

Charlotte is always trying to catch a bird...

...she finally caught one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I had choose which picture was my favorite, it would be tough! I definitely loved the pics of the girls sitting on the sea turtles. Karen raised two of them in her classroom last year and they were WAY smaller than the ones that you took pics of! I loved seeing the beach pictures, and the girls holding Layla! I loved seeing the grandkids together having fun! I guess what I REALLY enjoyed seeing was my two babies (all grown up now!) together! Love, Mom