Thursday, July 10, 2014

FireFlies

Over the last couple nights the girls have been staying outside until it starts to get dark.  Both nights have produced lightening bugs or Fireflies, depending on where you are from.  Both nights I wanted the girls to come in, but I loved how excited they were to catch them.  Even more so tonight because Drea was running around trying to catch them too.  She is too crazy about bugs, so I thought why not embrace it.  I tried to take some pictures, but I haven't figured out all the settings yet, but I managed to take a few videos.



Both are these are cute to hear the excitement in their voices.  I also find the second one pretty funny because lately every time I take Charlotte's picture she says, Daddy put this on the blog, just like she does in the video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better than catching lightening bugs on a summer night. Except maybe catching fiddler crabs in a ditch. I love watching the girls have fun. Do you remember going to Reeds for 4th of July. Either before the fireworks or after we would catch lightening bugs. Well as Char says keep putting it on the blog because Aunt Karen, Uncle Richard, and their cousins love seeing them. We miss all of you very much.

Anonymous said...

I always loved catching lightening bugs as a child. I never killed them, but put them in a jar with holes on the top and released them later, or at the latest, the next morning. I remember the first time I saw another child take the "light" off the bug, which of course, killed it! I was actually pretty horrified at the time. Never was one to see animals, etc., get killed. I have toughed up with age, as I have NO problem setting a snap trap for mice in my house! I did get to see alot of lightening bugs this summer also. Need new speakers for computer so I can watch & listen at the same time! LOL! Love, Mom