Friday, August 15, 2014

Camping with the Cousins

Last weekend the girls and I went camping with my older sister and her family.  My mom accompanied us on our trip as well.  We went to Elk Neck State Park in North East, MD.  There were bee stings, burnt hands, pinched fingers, and bug bites. And that was just Charlotte and the first two days.  Of course others had to get in on the act.  However, even in the mist of all the injuries the girls and I had a wonderful time.
Charlotte, Drea, and Lydia hanging out at the campsite

Swinging at the park

Just hanging around

Charlotte liked this until she slid down...it was hot

All four girls at the beach

Charlotte, Lydia, Drea, and Brynn

This was the most popular ride at the park, the zipline.

This was a small lighthouse that we walked too

Waiting to go in the lighthouse

Resting after walking to the lighthouse.  The brochure failed to mention it was a 2 mile hike

One last one of the lighthouse

A few things in closing.  I didn't really take a whole bunch of pictures.  This was basically it.  The camp ground was huge.  It was spread out over several different areas.  The campground was separate from the lighthouse and separate from the swimming area.  We swam in the Cheaspeake Bay which was cool.  When you first got into the water it was very rocky, but after that it was smooth sand.  We swam three different times.  Twice at low tide which was interesting.  I'm not exaggerating, we were probably a mile from the beach and it was still waist deep for me.  The girls would just go and go.  They were so far out, but it wasn't deep.  I wish I had taken pictures of that to show, it was pretty amazing to see.  One last thing I didn't mention in the beginning.  Chiggers.  Not fun.  Charlotte and I managed to get them.  I will spare you the details, but they itch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really had a wonderful time and it brought back many memories of camping as a family when all of you were kids! I will tell you, however, if we do it again, I will definitely buy a nice blow up mattress for myself as I no longer can sleep on the ground! LOL! Lots of Love, Mom