Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Drew

I am a privileged person...especially to have an incredible husband like I have.

He is the most unselfish, caring, attentative, loving person I know. I find out more every day how good I have it.

This man cleans, cooks, takes care of Drea, tends to our dogs, home repairs, finances and not to mention tending to every waking request I have especially while I'm pregnant...and never complains about any of it...at all.

I know - you're probably thinking what guy doesn't clean and help do these things every once in a while - right? So let me explain this a little - my husband does the dishes every night...every night. This is one chore he doesn't mind doing and I don't mind doing laundry (that's how we separate some of our tasks but laundry is once a week - dishes are every night). And I used to help a little with the dishes but now my belly hits right at the counter height and it's not very comfortable washing so I do it rarely. And he vacuums, dusts, makes beds, takes out the garbage...the list goes on and on. This pretty much makes me sound like a lazy slob but I promise I do things, too. He just does more than most husbands and dads from what I hear.

He tends to Drea constantly...he's on bath duty pretty much every night... and all of this isn't just because I'm pregnant and he's pulling extra duty, he has just always done this stuff. He plays games with Drea, reads books to her, colors & paints with her...once again, the list goes on and on. Lately he lets me sleep in every weekend while he gets up with Drea and plays with her. (Needless to say, sleeping at night hasn't been working very well for me so he has been very attentive to this fact and let's me try to rest.)

I'm not sure if any of this even comes close to explaining what he does for me and Drea...and the new little niessner. I think words just couldn't express how he takes care of this family. He is an incredible person...and not just because he does all of this stuff for me but because he does it without complaining about it and just because he cares and loves us and thinks that's what he should do and was taught to do.

I'm very thankful to Judy, Andy's mom because she helped shape him into the incredible human being that he is. She couldn't have raised a better man.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...
I love you sweetheart - you are the best husband and father anyone could ask for. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: