Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just my Opinion.....

So this girl has caused a lot of controversy at our state's flagship university. This is Rebecca Durst the new Mountaineer. At first, like most I didn't like that WVU picked a girl to be the next Mountaineer. Then I really thought about it, I have two daughters and one who just loves the Mountaineers and hopefully (if we brain wash her enough) another that loves them just as much. Anyway, I would bet Drea is a better Mountaineer fan then half the people in stands. She knows the fight song, country roads, the first down cheer, etc….she loves football. Anyway, my point is this, I would be so proud to say my daughter was the Mountaineer. So I change my mind and now there is one more thing my girls can be when they grow up. Hopefully, others will grow up some too and realize this isn’t the worst thing to ever happen. Besides if this Mountaineer thing doesn't work out for Rebecca, I guess she can become Secretary of State.

This is Natalie Tennant...she was the first female Mountaineer and our current Sec. of State

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

i too felt the same way the first time. but natalie (in my opinion) wasn't the best of mountaineers. i think it has more to do with school spirit then sex anyway. hopefully the new one is loud and fun!

i am sure drea and charlotte would be great mountaineers...