Sunday, September 27, 2009

Like Father, Like Daughter

So the other day, I go to pick up the girls from daycare and low and behold, Drea is sitting in time out. I asked the teacher why she was sitting in time out and she replied she wasn't listening to what I asked her to do. I told her I would talk to her about it and of course I did. Anyway, Stacey took the girls to school the next day and found out the teacher asked her to clean up her mess and she said no. Not just once, but twice. She flat out refused. Well, the next day I go to pick the girls up again, I get Charlotte first and then walk in to pick up Drea. I greet her with a "Hey, Knucklehead" in which another boy in her class proceeds to start calling other kids, knucklehead. The teacher corrects him and tells him that isn't nice to call our friends. Then, she tells me I have to take Drea's sheet, blanket, and pillow home. I reply with a "Do I have to." She informs me "That I have to." I realize on the way home from daycare that I probably shouldn't call Drea, knucklehead, so I tell her Daddy shouldn't call you knucklehead that isn't nice. She replies, "That's okay Dad...I still love you." I told her thanks, but I still shouldn't call you knucklehead....this time she replies, "That's okay I still think your funny." I tell Stacey all of this and her response, "And you wonder why Drea tells the teacher no." I guess I don't anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go knucklehead. Don't you hate it when your kid acts just like you. Brynn is in trouble for day dreaming in class. And I think back to the last professional development day where I have no clue what the speaker was talking about because I was paying my bills.
Love ya,
Karen