Thursday, February 18, 2010

13 and counting........

That's the number of days it has been since I have seen my students. Included in that number (13) is two weekends and an ISE day. An ISE day is just for the faculty. I almost wrote this blog yesterday, but I did not have time. Anyway, I believe my winter vacation should be over tomorrow. However, I did not expect to be home today either, so you never know.

I have enjoyed the past 13 days, 8 of which were just me, Drea, and Charlotte. We have accomplished many activities. Some of our favorite things include: Barbies, princesses, games, drawing, coloring, playdoh, swimming in the tub, reading books, and watching tv. Yesterday, we had a game marathon. Here's the run down:

  • Hi Ho the Color Oh - 2 games (2 Drea wins)
  • Disney Video Bingo - 2 games (2 Daddy wins)
  • Candyland - 1 game (1 Drea Win)
  • Hi Ho the Cherry-o - 1 game (1 Daddy Win)
  • Don't Break the Ice- 2 games (2 Daddy Wins)

If you were keeping score the final was Daddy 5 and Drea 3. Either way though, I think we both were winners. We just loved spending the day together. Anyway, I'm sure tomorrow is the day we finally go back. I'm thankful for the time I have spend with both girls. This winter weather is a rarity. We usually get snow, but never like this. I know eventually it will be over, but it has been worth every inch.

3 comments:

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

wow...13 days?! If only you didn't have to make up snow days - then it would be perfect! Is there a limit to how many you have to make up?

Andy said...

We don't have to make up the days. That is the best part. We have 5 weather days scheduled into the calendar. The rest are lost. However, that changes next year, they finally changed the law, which makes for interesting conversation in the teacher's lounge.

Dave said...

This Winter was perfect timing. You'll never forget the time you got to spend with your girls in the Winter of 09/10! PS - I think you are a great dad!