Saturday, June 25, 2011

Spring to summer...catching up. (Part I)

We have been in a blogging lull. Every time I think about blogging I'm stumped with what to actually write. Then we get so backed up with stories and pics and thoughts that we have missed blogging about that we can't decide where to start...and then the cycle begins again. Stumped. So that's why I'm doing an all encompassing catch up blog.

Easter 2011
"Practice" egg hunts at our house. The kids think this is a blast so we do a few hunts at our house leading up to the BIG hunt at my great-uncles. 

Loves any chance to wear her rain boats.

On the way to Sunday morning Easter service.

Always the ham.

It rained during the BIG hunt at my uncle Buddy's...but leave it to Pappaw to help his granddaughter find eggs without messing up her hair.

Daddy and Charlotte hunting for eggs.

After the rain, the kids found some perfect mud holes.

Drea stopped caring about her hair and wanted to join in the fun. It pained me to let her because we were ready to go home but then I realized that sometimes we need to slow down so they can just be kids.

She had a blast! Notice Charlotte's not in these pictures at all. She wanted to play but everytime her toes would get in the mud she would get upset and want her feet cleaned off.

Down time
Playing with the girls at bedtime one night.

They wanted to try on my hat.


My friend's little girls came to play with my girls. They have so much fun together. Seneca, the oldest who is standing up beside me in this photo, was one of the flower girls in our wedding. We have known her since she was born and now she is 12.

Teddy's first birthday

Our friends, Emily and Joel, held their son's first birthday party during the beginning of May. They had a baseball themed party. We had so much fun celebrating with them...I remembered the day his momma told me she was pregnant with him...and now he's one year old.


 Sarah's 30th

My friend, Sarah, celebrated her 30th birthday towards the end of May. Jordan threw her a small, intimate party with some of her close friends. We had dinner at Montemartre, the restaurant on the top of Hotel Morgan. It was a lovely evening. This picture is all the ladies trying to look young and beautiful even in our thirties. :)

This is the cool gentlemen who were with us for the evening. haha

My beautiful friend, Sarah, and her awesome husband, Jordan

Happy 30th birthday Sarah! 30s rock!


No comments: