Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Richard's Farm

Okay, so it is really Rich's Farm, but Drea keeps calling it Richard's Farm and I think it is cute.  The girls and I took our annual trip to the Farm for Kids Day.  Personally, I don't think it is worth the cost of admission, but Drea really wanted to go and kept talking about it.  Then, I debated going because of the weather, it was supposed to be in the 50s.  Anyway, I rolled the dice and we ventured to Smithfield, PA and hoped for the best.  One thing I have learned over the years is it gets really cold, so I made sure to bring hats, gloves, and warm clothes.  We started the day bundled up, but then something happen....the sun came out and it became one of the nicest days and trips to the farm.

This picture was at the beginning of the day, notice how dark it is and the girls are bundled up

This is the end of the day....sunny and no hats!
The wigwam

The wigwam with two cute girls
Bouncing on the tires


Still bouncing

All done
This is absolutely my favorite picture from the day

Charlotte would not look at the camera

Daddy and Drea

Charlotte still not looking at the camera
Swinging on the horses

Queens of the hay mountain

Look at the sky in this picture...also see if you can see the girls

Someone really looks like a scarecrow

Marching around the barn

Painting her pumpkin

Still marching

Still painting

Finally painting
The girls also traveled though a corn maze, pet some animals, and bounced in a bouncy house.  Overall, it was a enjoyable visit and I think I have changed my mind, it was worth every penny.

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

cute. totally agree that its not worth the money--5 dollars for sure--10 not so much. either the pumpkins need to get bigger or they need to give out free chicfilet. but regardless we went too..and our kids LOVE IT. see pictures on our blog soon! such a great dad, andy.

Anonymous said...

Well, worth it or not, it looks like fun and the kids are so cute. Love that pic of Drea also! You look kind of chilly though Andy! I like the first comment about free chicfilet! LOL! I always agree with free food and I just had chicfilet recently! Sweet! Love, Noni