Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cooper's Rock

The girls and I got lucky and had another great weekend of weather.  As we went about last weekend's trip to Richard's Farm, I thought it might be fun to take the girls to Cooper's Rock.  The weather was perfect.   It couldn't be more obvious by the crowd of people because there was less parking available then at SRC on a Sunday.  The only draw back was I was afraid Charlotte was going to fall over the overlook.  She is a complete daredevil.  Drea used to be the one that scared me, not so much any more as she has become a little bit more reserved.  Either way we had an enjoyable trip.

A beautiful view from the overlook

The girls enjoying another view
 
Drea not scaring me

Charlotte scaring me...notice my arm holding on tight to her...she kept saying Daddy why are you holding me.  This was my favorite picture from this weekend, so I guess it was worth losing a couple of years off of my life

More scary pictures


Finally just sitting and smiling

Just exploring the trail

The girls stopped to play in the sand.  This was their favorite part...

...They both said this is the best trip ever (keep in mind they say that all the time, I know their tricks)

That's the railing Charlotte was leaning on...

More exploring

Drea wouldn't go on this rock first...

...but when she did, she had to get her picture taken

FYI, they were looking at a Bear

Drea promptly hopped up on the stump and claimed to be the Queen of the...well, stump

Can you say Winter Park Tour


They were cracking up the whole time they rode this seesaw

3 and half swing rating

Shh...the cooper's rock giant is sleeping

5 comments:

young wife&mom said...

we haven't been out there for a while..i don't remember a park?? you think thats scary..we went to canaan this past spring and hiked out into the middle of NO WHERE and when we got to then end..the overlook looked exactly like COOPERS ROCK..only no rail!!! talking about freaking out! too much for me...but the kids loved it. Claire is our wild card. love charlottes eyes in that picture...she looks just crazy enough to jump!

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

I love this time of year - what beautiful scenery...and beautiful girls! Looks like a fun trip, minus the bear. :)

Anonymous said...

Bob and I walked that trail a few years ago for old people it was hard on these old bones. We went to coopers rock a couple weeks ago and the outlook was very scarey for kids I would have been crazy with charlotte. An we got some pictures of that thing that wvu students did was very inpressed with it.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to Cooper's Rock years ago when I first came out to W. Va. Luckily I never saw a bear because I would have been scared to death! Now they are living in my area of NJ, and I sure hope to heaven I NEVER see one anywhere but the zoo! Charlotte would terrorize me at the thought of her falling. Karen was a bit like that too, and she took a few years off my life, I am sure! Love, Noni

Unknown said...

Is Drea ready to do the trail in heels?