Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Visiting Friends

The girls and I recently visited our friends the Hoffmasters, who moved from Fairmont to Elkridge, MD.  We had a wonderful visit.  I had two favorite things about our visit.  First, the kids just picked up playing like they had just seen each other the day.  Second, when it was time to leave, they all were like, see you later.  I mean of course there were hugs and kisses, but they acted like it was no big deal and they would see each other again real soon. 

Sometimes it is good to see the perspective of a child or in this case children.  The kids don't look at the distance and the time apart as a big deal.  They know they are friends and those things don't matter to them.  The only thing that does matter is their friendship.  I think there is value in thinking like that.  Sure life happens, you grow up and negative things happen that affect us and change our view, but sometimes its good to view life like a kid and enjoy it because it is way better.

Here are the happy kids, Elijah, Isak, Drea, & Charlotte

Group Hug

On the first day we were there the weather was fantastic....we took advantage and went to the park

Char holding on for her life

Elijah posing for the camera....or just getting back up after falling

These two ran around this playground like crazy.  The were inseparable.

Charlotte holding on for her life again.  She kept saying, "Dad, help me!"  I kept saying, "Let me take your picture!"

Isak and Drea just playing.  This park was pretty amazing.  There were so many pieces the kids could play on, it was tough to keep track of them.  I wish I had more pictures from this trip to the park, but I had battery problems all weekend.

Look at us!

Isak, not wanting his picture taken

Jumping on the bed!


OK, I lied.....my real favorite part of the trip was seeing this guy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a fun trip! I love your girls! I miss them all of the time . . . and you, too! I am so grateful that nothing has changed for us and for them since the move. They all just pick up and move on. Isak was planning your grandchildren the other day. He said he hopes that he and Drea have a girl first.