Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Cute Charlotte Story

The girls and I like to tell each other secrets.  It's something I have always done with them.  I usually just say to one of them, "Let me tell you a secret."  Sometimes the secret is you smell like poop, or something more serious like I love you.  So it came as no surprise the other day when Charlotte said, "Daddy, can I tell you a secret."  Charlotte's secret was that she loved me.  So I responded to her by telling her, that I loved her, too.  Charlotte then wanted to know why I loved her. 

I started by saying, "Well, Daddy loves you because you are funny"...and she stopped me right in the middle of my sentence.  "No, Daddy I don't want you to love me because I am funny, I want you to love me because you are proud of me and I am smart."  So cute...and to set the record straight, I am proud of her and her sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is correct on that one. She is smart and we are proud of her. But her Aunt Karen thinks she is really funny. She made me laugh all of Thanksgiving week. She is a hoot.
Love ya guys,
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aunt Karen on being smart and also being funny! She is totally a hoot! Being that she is so smart, she is able to make us all laugh, and so she is loved because of everything that she is and more! Love, Noni