Monday, December 24, 2012

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Nothing says Christmas like snow.  On Friday it began snowing here and did not stop until Saturday.  We were left with about 5 or 6 inches of snow.  Of course the girls wanted to get out and play in it.  I think it takes more time to dress them up, then they actually play in the snow, but it is worth it.  Last time I looked they were calling for more snow on Tuesday or Wednesday...Here's hoping for a white Christmas.

Here is the yard next to us....the girls enjoy playing there

Drea's snow angel...that is a must when it snows

Char making a snowball

Walking in a winter wonderland

DAD!

Drea walking away from me...

...now walking to me...

...getting closer

...closer

...closer

...snowball fight!

Gotcha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I looked at this because it is a reminder to look for the snow pants from Karen to send to your girls! Some of my fondest childhood Memories involve playing in the snow! I remember my mom taking me over to the swamp and showing me how to make a path by pushing down the snow with our feet so the sled would go down without getting stuck. What fun! I remember my dad building a cool snow man and also tying a box to my sled so my friend, Lee, (a girl) and I could put her dog, Bunny (a little beagle) into the box for a sled ride! I also remember playing in the traffic circle with some friends (too much snow for cars to go around) and my leg going down into the run off drain when there was too much rain. You couldn't see where it was because there was too much snow! Oh, by the way, my friends pulled me up so I couldn't fall into the drain! Wow, you wouldn't be here, probably, if that happened! Lots of fun memories you are making with the girls. I loved seeing the deer at your house when I arrived in W. Va.!