Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Prayer

Dear God,

It has been a long year.  Patience has been a must, yet you have been there every step of the way.  You amaze me.  You have taken this broken and battered man and have molded me into something way better.  I haven't always made the best decisions, but somehow and someway you manage to take me back.  I don't deserve you.  However, I am incredibily thankful that you do take me back.  Last year at this time I blogged about Change.  I know you are still not done changing me.  You have shown me so many things about myself.  Mostly, I have learned that I don't fit in.  Mainly because I am not supposed to fit in.  You made me to follow you.  I am at my best when I follow you.  I am at my best when I surrender everything to you.  I am at my best when I do what you want me to do.  So as this next year moves forward I pray that I continue to honor you and live for you.  Bless and protect those two little girls that mean as much to you as they do to me.  Help them to see you in everything.  Help them to recognize your plan for their lives.  Help them to see and know who you are, and who you created them to be.  As I write this I find peace knowing you are in control and that is all I need. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy, You are such a blessed man I wish that you could teach an old nunnie how to be like you.I could say alot of things but just know that I pray for you every single day .Joel Olsteen said something on his progran about God always being with us no matter what Love You

young wife&mom said...

awesome andy. May 2013 be a much better year for you all!

Anonymous said...

well spoken Andrew, well spoken!

Anonymous said...

Andy, you are awesome and Nunnie, so are you! Don't sell yourself short! We are all a work in progress when it comes to our faith. I am learning everyday that God continues to teach me things and I accepted Jesus when I was a little kid, like 54 yrs ago! We are not perfect in this life, but we are definitely all a work in progress. I keep getting that verse "For all have sinned & fallen short of the Glory of God." It is true...no exceptions, but persistence with God as our guide is what we all need! Amen! Hey, I like Joel Olsteen too but Joyce Meyer is my "go to" girl here of late! She always "hits the nail on the head" for me! LOL! Love, Noni

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

Praying for a blessed year for all of you! Your prayers for your girls brought tears to my eyes...just beautiful!

Unknown said...

I truly believe whatever is in your future will make you forget about the bad that you have experienced. You are a fantastic father and an amazing friend!